v.4.0.0 | for devices received before 3 November 2021
Please note that the new firmware (v4.0.0) is NOT compatible with the old Visualizer (1.x.x) and old SDK (1.x.x)!
Why is it good for you?
more efficient connection
you can receive software upgrades (e.g. for Visualizer on Desktop with new features)
It takes ONLY 5 minutes!
1. Download the firmware(s).
WARNING: Please note that the firmware is device specific (armband, arc, strip).
2. To upload the firmware to your MindRove device, connect the device to your computer using a micro USB cable. The MindRove device must be switched ON!
3. Unzip the .zip-file to a folder on your computer.
4. In Device Manager (Windows 10) click on Ports (COM & LPT). If your device connected properly to your computer with a USB cable, then you can see Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM…).
5. Please note the COM port number of the Silicon Labs CP210x. For example COM37.
6. Go to unzipped folder/MindRoveFirmwareUpdater and click on update_firmware.bat. Then a command window pops up. Enter the number of the selected port and press ENTER.
7. If the flashing was successful, you can close the command window. If you encounter any firmware update problem please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. If you have more than one MindRove device, please, update their firmware, as well using the appropriate firmware edition.
9. Download the Visualizer on Desktop and delete the older one.
WARNING: The new firmware is not compatible with the old visualizer and SDK!